Your roof may be tough, but there are still many ways to damage it. Here are three things that can cause a lot of damage to your roof:
- Winds – When it starts storming in your neighborhood, you should be very concerned about the wind that comes along with it. Strong winds can lift shingles that are not adequately secured, as well as cause tree limbs and other debris to damage your roof. You should speak to a specialist about any potential problems if you have noticed loose shingles on your roof.
- Pests – It does not matter what kind of pests you have infesting your home, they can and will damage your roof. These creatures will gnaw holes in your roof, cause structural damage, and make cracks that will eventually lead to leaks in your ceiling.
- Age – Making sure that your roof is replaced when necessary is essential. When you do not keep up with your roof, you will have to deal with problems like missing shingles, leaks, and future roof collapse problems. You can speak with your roofer to see what options are available for your property.
Invest in your home when you count on the contractors at All Seasons Contracting, Ltd. Our team is here for you when you need a roofing repair in Halifax, NS.
Are you interested in hiring a roofer to help you with your home? Here is some valuable advice to help you choose the right people for the job:
- Research Local Roofers – There are many roofers out there. Doing research can be daunting. Take some time to read reviews. If you click past the first page of Google, you may discover additional roofing companies in the area that can help you.
- Meet with the Staff – A good contractor will take the time necessary to meet with your and talk about the services you are requesting. It does not matter if you need simple repair services or have to have your entire roof replaced, it is vital that you meet with your specialist ahead of time.
- Get a Contract – Having a contract in hand before any repair or installation begins is vital for any homeowner. Your contract should lay out all of the service information, such as dates, prices, payments, and product warranties. If a contractor refuses to give you a contract, you should hire someone else to complete the job.
Contact the team at All Seasons Contacting, LTD., today when you need a roofing repair in Halifax, NS, as well as the surrounding areas. Our business is proud to offer exceptional services for your needs.
Many homeowners today are interested in reducing the impact their home has on the environment. While installing solar panels is one smart way to make your roof more eco-friendly, not all homeowners have the ability to make this upgrade. If lowering your energy costs and reducing your home’s footprint is important to you, here are some easy-to-implement options.
Solar reflective tubes are a great way to bring natural daylight into almost any area of a house. “Daylighting” provides natural sunlight during daytime hours, which will benefit the environment by reducing electricity.
Insulation & Ventilation
You can benefit the environment and lower the heating and cooling costs of your home with proper insulation and ventilation. Making these changes will result in a reduction of the use of fossil fuels.
You can lower your impact on the environment by placing a water barrel on the downspout of your eavestrough. The water runoff from the roof can be collected and used for outdoor water purposes such as watering the lawn, garden, or cleaning outdoors.
You can extend the life of your roofing system by keeping the gutters, downspouts, and roof area free of debris. By utilizing a roof for its full lifespan and preventing a need for roofing repair in Halifax, NS, you can take advantage of cost savings and less material waste.
Taking care of your roof means staying vigilant about any potential problems. Here are a few reasons why you should call a specialist for roof repair services:
- Your Roof is Old – Do you know how old your roof is? If it is older than 20 years, you may need to have it replaced. Most shingle roofs last for about 20 years, while tile roofing can last for as many as 80 years. Most home inspection reports will list the age of your roof.
- Missing Shingles – Take a look at your roof. Do you notice any shingles missing? This issue is a huge problem and can cause a lot of damage to your home. The minute you notice any shingles missing after a storm is the minute you should call a professional to provide you with repair services.
- You Notice Light Coming from Your Roof – When you see light coming through your roof while you are in the attic, it is time to call your roofing repair specialists. Check the areas beneath the daylight spots. You are likely to find wet spots from water that comes through these holes.
Count on the team at All Seasons Contracting when it comes to roofing repair in Halifax, NS. We are ready to provide you with repair services and new installations, as well as a vast array of additional repair services for your home.