Being ready for a storm is vital for any homeowner. Here are a few great tips to help you prepare for seasonal weather:
- Make Repairs Now – Have you noticed any home exterior issues that you have just been putting off? It is essential that you take care of the problems now before storms start. Strong winds are known to cause incredible damage to roofs and other parts of the home that are already damaged.
- Keep Your Gutters Clean – You do not have to clean your gutters all the time, but it is imperative to make sure your gutters are working. If not, the water could overflow and cause damage to your roof, as well as the sides of your home.
- Have a Roof Inspection – Whether you have been noticing a few small leaks in your home or your roof is missing shingles, you should have a roof inspection to see what kind of repairs need to be made. By doing this now, you will be aware of what is going on with your roof and will be able to avoid more significant problems in the future.
Improving your roof at any time of the year starts with All Seasons Contracting, LTD. Our team is ready to work on your roofing in Dartmouth, NS, providing you with repair and new roof installation services.
Have you noticed water spots on your ceiling? Your roof may be leaking. We have put together some valuable info you should know about roof leaks:
- Vents, Chimneys, and Skylights Frequently Cause Leaks – Any of these parts of your roof may be the source of your leak. When it is not raining, you should spend some time inspecting these areas to see if they are the source. Water may be flowing around these spots and getting into cracks.
- Test Potential Leak Areas with a Hose – If you have a general idea of your leak location, you can use a regular garden hose to find it. Have someone outside of your house spray the roof with water, and then go into your attic or crawl space to see where the water comes out.
- Clean Your Gutters – Gutters are an essential part of any roof. If your gutters have not been cleaned recently, the water may not be draining off your roof correctly, causing leaks on your roof and a vast array of other damage.
From repairs to installations, the team at All Seasons Contracting, Ltd., is here to assist you. You can call us today at (902) 830-7143 when you need assistance with roofing in Dartmouth, NS.
When it comes to protecting your home, taking care of your roof is the first line of defense. Your roof is your home’s protection from the elements. However, many homeowners still neglect the importance of their roof. Roof maintenance is often not considered until a problem has been identified, such as a leak.
While you may only need to replace a roof once or twice in your lifetime (if you are lucky), the choices you make regarding quality and material will have an enormous impact on your home’s structure, as well as your heating/air conditioning costs. Making uninformed decisions on such an essential part of your home can lead to moisture problems inside walls or above ceilings, as well as structural damage.
Before making decisions regarding roofing in Dartmouth, NS, keeping reading for the truth on some common roofing myths.
Myth: Your roof does not necessarily need an annual inspection.
Fact: It is a good idea to survey the state of your roof annually. A simple inspection will help identify problem areas so you can address them before any costly damage is done.
Myth: Damaged shingled roofs can be fixed by covering the existing layer with new shingles.
Fact: Covering an existing layer of shingles does not address the root of the problem. Invest in a replacement to get the job done correctly.
Myth: Anyone can re-roof, or repair their own roof.
Fact: Poor roofing jobs by non-professionals cause roof failures. Licensed professionals have the experience and knowledge to repair a roof properly the first time.