Taking care of your roof means staying vigilant about any potential problems. Here are a few reasons why you should call a specialist for roof repair services:
- Your Roof is Old – Do you know how old your roof is? If it is older than 20 years, you may need to have it replaced. Most shingle roofs last for about 20 years, while tile roofing can last for as many as 80 years. Most home inspection reports will list the age of your roof.
- Missing Shingles – Take a look at your roof. Do you notice any shingles missing? This issue is a huge problem and can cause a lot of damage to your home. The minute you notice any shingles missing after a storm is the minute you should call a professional to provide you with repair services.
- You Notice Light Coming from Your Roof – When you see light coming through your roof while you are in the attic, it is time to call your roofing repair specialists. Check the areas beneath the daylight spots. You are likely to find wet spots from water that comes through these holes.
Count on the team at All Seasons Contracting when it comes to roofing repair in Halifax, NS. We are ready to provide you with repair services and new installations, as well as a vast array of additional repair services for your home.
Making smart choices about your roof is important for all homeowners. Here are some terrible decisions people make that cost a lot of money:
- Doing the Job Yourself – Are you a handyman who has had years of experience working on roofing and other home repair projects? For many of us, the answer is no. Doing your own roofing repairs and installations may seem like a smart plan, but you may end up causing more problems. These issues may force you to spend even more for a professional than you would have if you just hired them in the first place.
- Choosing the Cheapest Roofers – When any contractor has offered to perform a service for you at a price that is way lower than the competition, it is often too good to be true. Take the time to read reviews of these contractors before working with them.
- Waiting Too Long – The minute you notice a problem with your roof is the minute you need to contact a professional to make the repairs. When you wait, the problem will become much worse. When the problem is worse, you end up spending a lot of money on your repairs.
When you are seeking roofing services from a general contractor in Dartmouth, NS, you can trust the team at All Seasons Contracting to assist you. Our team of roofing specialists can help you in Halifax, Dartmouth, and the surrounding areas.
Are you a new homeowner? If you bought a house within the past year or are interested in purchasing one, here are some common roofing problems you should know about:
- Failing Shingles – Most roofing is built to last for at least as long as the warranty period. This period can be as much as 30 years for shingle roofing. Deteriorating shingles is one of the first signs of an eventual roof replacement. This problem eventually happens with all shingle roofing.
- Clogged Gutters – Gutters eventually get clogged and you will need to do something about it before you have to face more substantial problems. Clogs will cause damage to your roofing, provide homes for insects, and become fire hazards during dry spells.
- Pipe Boot Damage – One of the issues people often have to deal with is deteriorating pipe boots. The flashing on pipe boots tends to crack or peel away, which causes roof leaks. This common issue is why you should check these areas first when you notice a wet spot on your ceiling.
Take care of your roofing in Halifax, NS, with help from the team at All Seasons Contracting, LTD. Our local contractors provide roofing repair services, as well as new installation services.
Being ready for a storm is vital for any homeowner. Here are a few great tips to help you prepare for seasonal weather:
- Make Repairs Now – Have you noticed any home exterior issues that you have just been putting off? It is essential that you take care of the problems now before storms start. Strong winds are known to cause incredible damage to roofs and other parts of the home that are already damaged.
- Keep Your Gutters Clean – You do not have to clean your gutters all the time, but it is imperative to make sure your gutters are working. If not, the water could overflow and cause damage to your roof, as well as the sides of your home.
- Have a Roof Inspection – Whether you have been noticing a few small leaks in your home or your roof is missing shingles, you should have a roof inspection to see what kind of repairs need to be made. By doing this now, you will be aware of what is going on with your roof and will be able to avoid more significant problems in the future.
Improving your roof at any time of the year starts with All Seasons Contracting, LTD. Our team is ready to work on your roofing in Dartmouth, NS, providing you with repair and new roof installation services.
Selling your home is a stressful time. There are many issues you should consider before putting your home on the market and one of those issues is the state of your roof. Before you sell, it may be a wise idea to repair or replace your roofing.
One of the biggest reasons you should invest in your roof before you sell is the state of the roofing will affect the value of your home. A good real estate agent who has the best interests of their client in mind may not even take them to a house that has a bad roof. Additionally, if you are not selling the property “as is,” you may have to lose some money when it comes to the negotiating process. Any smart buyer will want you to make the repairs before they buy the home. If you are not willing, then the only buyers you may have are investors who will want to pay dramatically less for your property so they can flip it.
Are you thinking about putting your home on the market? The team at All Seasons Contracting, Ltd., works with roofing in Halifax, NS, as well as Dartmouth. From full replacements to small repairs, we can assist you before you sell your property.
Have you noticed water spots on your ceiling? Your roof may be leaking. We have put together some valuable info you should know about roof leaks:
- Vents, Chimneys, and Skylights Frequently Cause Leaks – Any of these parts of your roof may be the source of your leak. When it is not raining, you should spend some time inspecting these areas to see if they are the source. Water may be flowing around these spots and getting into cracks.
- Test Potential Leak Areas with a Hose – If you have a general idea of your leak location, you can use a regular garden hose to find it. Have someone outside of your house spray the roof with water, and then go into your attic or crawl space to see where the water comes out.
- Clean Your Gutters – Gutters are an essential part of any roof. If your gutters have not been cleaned recently, the water may not be draining off your roof correctly, causing leaks on your roof and a vast array of other damage.
From repairs to installations, the team at All Seasons Contracting, Ltd., is here to assist you. You can call us today at (902) 830-7143 when you need assistance with roofing in Dartmouth, NS.
Replacing a roof is a significant home improvement and investment. While researching your options, all details should be considered such as the roofing material, color, and the contractor you choose for the job. We have put together a helpful list of do’s and don’ts to help guide you while making decisions related to roofing in Halifax, NS.
Do consider different material options.
You do not have to replace your existing roof with the same roofing material. Work with your contractor to discuss the best options for your region and budget.
Do consider style and aesthetics.
A roof can last between 20 and 30 years, so it is crucial to choose one that you like and has excellent curb appeal.
Don’t add a layer of roofing to an existing one.
Additional layers will add significantly to the weight of your roof. Underlying shingles can also experience moisture and other potential wear, which could lead to issues down the road.
Do request a detailed estimate.
Make sure that the estimate provided to you includes materials, time, and labor, as well as a projected date for completion.
Do check roofing contractor references.
Find out what other people are saying. Take the time to read online reviews, ask your neighbors, and request customer testimonials from your contractor to ensure that they are the best company for the job.
When it comes to protecting your home, taking care of your roof is the first line of defense. Your roof is your home’s protection from the elements. However, many homeowners still neglect the importance of their roof. Roof maintenance is often not considered until a problem has been identified, such as a leak.
While you may only need to replace a roof once or twice in your lifetime (if you are lucky), the choices you make regarding quality and material will have an enormous impact on your home’s structure, as well as your heating/air conditioning costs. Making uninformed decisions on such an essential part of your home can lead to moisture problems inside walls or above ceilings, as well as structural damage.
Before making decisions regarding roofing in Dartmouth, NS, keeping reading for the truth on some common roofing myths.
Myth: Your roof does not necessarily need an annual inspection.
Fact: It is a good idea to survey the state of your roof annually. A simple inspection will help identify problem areas so you can address them before any costly damage is done.
Myth: Damaged shingled roofs can be fixed by covering the existing layer with new shingles.
Fact: Covering an existing layer of shingles does not address the root of the problem. Invest in a replacement to get the job done correctly.
Myth: Anyone can re-roof, or repair their own roof.
Fact: Poor roofing jobs by non-professionals cause roof failures. Licensed professionals have the experience and knowledge to repair a roof properly the first time.
Many people take their roof for granted. They will often not think about it until there is a worst-case scenario issue. Here are some reasons why you should replace your roof:
- Your Roof is 25 Years Old – If your roof is 25 years old – or older – you should consider replacing your roof. A standard asphalt shingle roof lasts about 20 to 30 years. At 25, you should start inspecting your roof and saving money for the replacement.
- There are Shingle Problems – Curling, cracked, and missing shingles are all signs that your roof needs replacement. You can start by fixing individual issues with your roof, but you are going to have to make a full replacement once these problems happen regularly.
- Your Roof is Sagging – A sagging roof is a huge problem. This is the point when you want to call a specialist to see what they can do about the problem. It may just be an issue related to your roof, or it could be a sign of more significant structural damage that is affecting the rest of your home.
All Seasons Contracting features a team of renovation contractors in Halifax who can assist you with your roof, as well as provide general repair and construction services. Contact us today when you need assistance with your roofing.
Upgrade your home today by adding a new deck on the front of your house. Here are a few of the benefits of investing in a new deck:
- Enjoy Your Front Yard – Outside of gardening and mowing the lawn, many of us do not get to spend a lot of time out in our front yard. When you add a new deck to the front of your home, you will be able to enjoy lovely weather days, see what is going on in your neighborhood, and just have a different place to sit and contemplate life.
- Improve Home Value – It does not matter if you are trying to sell your home or just interested in adding a little equity, a new deck is a wonderful investment. People who are interested in your home will be excited that there is a distinct addition to your home that makes it stand out from the other properties on the block.
- Own a Distinct Home – Similarly, you will be the owner of a unique home that looks different from your neighbor’s homes. In this day of cookie-cutter houses that seem to look identical, your front yard will have a style all its own.
Contact the deck builders in Halifax at All Seasons Contracting to learn more about our services. As general contractors, we provide a wide array of construction and home repair services.