Making smart choices about your roof is important for all homeowners. Here are some terrible decisions people make that cost a lot of money:
- Doing the Job Yourself – Are you a handyman who has had years of experience working on roofing and other home repair projects? For many of us, the answer is no. Doing your own roofing repairs and installations may seem like a smart plan, but you may end up causing more problems. These issues may force you to spend even more for a professional than you would have if you just hired them in the first place.
- Choosing the Cheapest Roofers – When any contractor has offered to perform a service for you at a price that is way lower than the competition, it is often too good to be true. Take the time to read reviews of these contractors before working with them.
- Waiting Too Long – The minute you notice a problem with your roof is the minute you need to contact a professional to make the repairs. When you wait, the problem will become much worse. When the problem is worse, you end up spending a lot of money on your repairs.
When you are seeking roofing services from a general contractor in Dartmouth, NS, you can trust the team at All Seasons Contracting to assist you. Our team of roofing specialists can help you in Halifax, Dartmouth, and the surrounding areas.
Are you a new homeowner? If you bought a house within the past year or are interested in purchasing one, here are some common roofing problems you should know about:
- Failing Shingles – Most roofing is built to last for at least as long as the warranty period. This period can be as much as 30 years for shingle roofing. Deteriorating shingles is one of the first signs of an eventual roof replacement. This problem eventually happens with all shingle roofing.
- Clogged Gutters – Gutters eventually get clogged and you will need to do something about it before you have to face more substantial problems. Clogs will cause damage to your roofing, provide homes for insects, and become fire hazards during dry spells.
- Pipe Boot Damage – One of the issues people often have to deal with is deteriorating pipe boots. The flashing on pipe boots tends to crack or peel away, which causes roof leaks. This common issue is why you should check these areas first when you notice a wet spot on your ceiling.
Take care of your roofing in Halifax, NS, with help from the team at All Seasons Contracting, LTD. Our local contractors provide roofing repair services, as well as new installation services.