Being ready for a storm is vital for any homeowner. Here are a few great tips to help you prepare for seasonal weather:
- Make Repairs Now – Have you noticed any home exterior issues that you have just been putting off? It is essential that you take care of the problems now before storms start. Strong winds are known to cause incredible damage to roofs and other parts of the home that are already damaged.
- Keep Your Gutters Clean – You do not have to clean your gutters all the time, but it is imperative to make sure your gutters are working. If not, the water could overflow and cause damage to your roof, as well as the sides of your home.
- Have a Roof Inspection – Whether you have been noticing a few small leaks in your home or your roof is missing shingles, you should have a roof inspection to see what kind of repairs need to be made. By doing this now, you will be aware of what is going on with your roof and will be able to avoid more significant problems in the future.
Improving your roof at any time of the year starts with All Seasons Contracting, LTD. Our team is ready to work on your roofing in Dartmouth, NS, providing you with repair and new roof installation services.
Selling your home is a stressful time. There are many issues you should consider before putting your home on the market and one of those issues is the state of your roof. Before you sell, it may be a wise idea to repair or replace your roofing.
One of the biggest reasons you should invest in your roof before you sell is the state of the roofing will affect the value of your home. A good real estate agent who has the best interests of their client in mind may not even take them to a house that has a bad roof. Additionally, if you are not selling the property “as is,” you may have to lose some money when it comes to the negotiating process. Any smart buyer will want you to make the repairs before they buy the home. If you are not willing, then the only buyers you may have are investors who will want to pay dramatically less for your property so they can flip it.
Are you thinking about putting your home on the market? The team at All Seasons Contracting, Ltd., works with roofing in Halifax, NS, as well as Dartmouth. From full replacements to small repairs, we can assist you before you sell your property.
Have you noticed water spots on your ceiling? Your roof may be leaking. We have put together some valuable info you should know about roof leaks:
- Vents, Chimneys, and Skylights Frequently Cause Leaks – Any of these parts of your roof may be the source of your leak. When it is not raining, you should spend some time inspecting these areas to see if they are the source. Water may be flowing around these spots and getting into cracks.
- Test Potential Leak Areas with a Hose – If you have a general idea of your leak location, you can use a regular garden hose to find it. Have someone outside of your house spray the roof with water, and then go into your attic or crawl space to see where the water comes out.
- Clean Your Gutters – Gutters are an essential part of any roof. If your gutters have not been cleaned recently, the water may not be draining off your roof correctly, causing leaks on your roof and a vast array of other damage.
From repairs to installations, the team at All Seasons Contracting, Ltd., is here to assist you. You can call us today at (902) 830-7143 when you need assistance with roofing in Dartmouth, NS.